Sunday, April 8, 2012

Soon I will have 2 married sisters!

Bingley came for a visit, he arrived so early that none of us were ready for company. My mother was finally able to get Jane and Bingley alone together, but he didn't propose. Mother was none to pleased. The next day, he visited again and went hunting with my father. When Jane and him were alone again, he told her his plan to ask her father for permission to marry her. My father said yes. Jane later confided in me that she was the happiest creature in the world!

2 comments:

  1. I am so ecstatic to know that you are happy for our engagement. I truly hope that you and Darcy will be able to smooth things over with each other and possibly marry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am very happy to be engaged, especially so such an amazing young man. I could not ask for a better husband! I am sure that your time will soon come Elizabeth. I cannot wait to see you as happy as I am!

    ReplyDelete