Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lady Catherine Visits

Lady Catherine visited me today. She informed of a rumor she heard that Darcy was planning on marrying Elizabeth, and that such a rumor was ridiculous given my social position and how apparently Darcy loves Miss De Bourgh. While she was explaining the impossibilities of this rumor, I hid my excitement of the prospect of Darcy still wanting to marry me. I told her that Darcy and I were not currently engaged, but I would not refuse his proposal. This enraged her. I did not tell anyone what happened between the two of us.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what caused Lady Catherine to leave in such a hurry. I cannot believe that she would insult our family in such a way. If Darcy wanted to marry her daughter, he would not be engaged to you!

    ReplyDelete